Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bruschetta Recipe

It is time again for our monthly Friends' Dinner.  My friend Krista hosted, and she decided to make it a night of appetizers.  I was super excited, because appetizers are so much fun.  Krista made a spinach artichoke dip, and she had many different kinds of fruits and veggies.  My addition to the evening was bruschetta and gluten free bread.  Jillian, another friend of ours, made a Vegetarian 5 Layer Dip.  She has recently started started a blog called a Food Filled Life.  She has a large variety of recipes, and I recommend you checking it out.  Here is my recipe.


Gluten Free Bruschetta

2- 28oz can diced tomatoes, drained
Medium handful of chopped, fresh basil
2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
large pinch of salt

Pour 2 cans of tomatoes into a large mixing bowl.  Then add the basil and garlic and mix together.  Finally, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt.  Mix until all of the ingredients are blended well.  Place in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight so the flavors blend together.  Then serve with gluten free bread or french bread if your guests are not gluten free. 


My friends really enjoyed this recipe, and I hope you will enjoy it too!


<3 Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment