Friday, August 31, 2012

Almond Flour Waffles Recipe

It is always fun to turn your day upside down by eating breakfast for dinner.  That is what we decided to make for dinner tonight.  My kids wanted pancakes and bacon.  I have already talked about how my husband makes really good pancakes.  Tonight, he even made a bunny face pancake for our daughter with chocolate chips for the eyes, nose, and mouth.

The only thing is, I really like waffles better.  So, we decided to make both tonight!  A couple years ago, a few of my friends got together and bought me a waffle-maker.  I love it!  I have used it to make waffles from a mix, but tonight I tried to make waffles from scratch.  Here is my recipe.


Almond Flour Waffles

4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup almond flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat the waffle-maker until the ready light comes on.

While the waffle-maker is warming up, start making the waffle batter.  In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla, and honey.  Then add the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.  Mix all of the ingredients together.

When the waffle-maker is ready, spray the insides of the waffle-maker with Pam to keep the waffle from sticking.  Then using the scoop that came with the waffle-maker, pour some of the batter into the waffle-maker.  (The scoop is about 1/2 cup, but it will depend on your waffle-maker how much you should use.)  Close the lid, and wait for the waffle to cook.  When the waffle is fully cooked, take it out and place it on a plate.  Repeat with the rest of the batter, but be sure to spray the waffle iron before you pour on new batter.

Serve the waffles with your favorite toppings.  Tonight I used maple syrup, but I also like to top my waffles with ice cream.  I remember my mother always having waffles and ice cream when my brother Jon came home to visit.  What are your favorite toppings?

<3 Cassidy




No comments:

Post a Comment